Design principles and ideas for building a professional website to showcase your brand identity online.
Website is an essential tool for you if you want to project your brand identity online in a manner that works for you. Most people are more worried about making money through their websites and not necessarily making a difference for society and the environment. So, you need to keep this in mind before you make a decision to build a website or not.
Some key design principles that you should keep in mind before you build a website are as follows:
1. Get familiar with the technology and the platform that you will be building your website on. Technology and platforms vary according to your website type. For instance, an article website is built on different than a corporate website. If you plan to build an informative website, you need to build it on more recent technologies than if you will be building a business website.
2. Have an idea of the layout of your website. What will be the navigation structure of your website? If you have an interactive website with video, your navigation will probably include a search feature of some type so that users can find the specific information that they need quickly.
3. Get the layout of your website ready. Before you start building your website, have an idea of how you will be using your website. Plan the contents of your website, the pages of your website, the heading of each page and the template of your website. Plan all this before you start building your website. Do not forget to update your website layout every now and then. So, before you even start building your website, check every aspect of your website and prepare accordingly.
4. Figure out how you will be using your bandwidth. If you will be using a video site, figure out the amount of video that you will need to upload and how much bandwidth you will need. Figure out the bandwidth you will need to upload the video and the number of video pages you will need to build. If you will be using bandwidth for slow content, then figure out the disk space you will require for slow content and how you will be using this space.
There are different types of websites that can be built, depending on what your website will be for. So, before you start planning to build a website, figure out all these aspects beforehand. Your website will need to be built keeping these key points in mind to be successful. So, before you start planning, get these facts first and keep them in mind before you start building your website. Some of the key things that are generally involved in building a website are as follows.
1. Website building software: If you will be using HTML to build your website, then you need to use a web page editor to build your website. Even if you will not be using XHTML to build your website, you should use a web page editor to avoid any glitches in your website. Most editors come with their own templates and themes that you can easily download. In the web page editor, you can easily insert various types of images and texts and customize the website accordingly. The editor will also give you a choice of background patterns that you can download. Background patterns are extremely important for a website. People mainly use them for their websites to make them unique and distinctive from others. So, you should pick a background pattern that will not bother your eyes and give you headaches later.
2. Website theme: To make your website unique, unique and distinctive from others, you need to choose a web page editor’s theme. A theme is a background pattern that will give your website a new look. In choosing a theme, it is essential to choose a theme that matches with your website content and objective.
3. Image placement: How do you want your website to look like? If you are using a video website, then you need to place your video in a central position in your website. Otherwise, you can pick any kind of background pattern and place your video in that background pattern.
4. HTML coding: It is essential to use only HTML and no tables or Flash in your website. For a website to be search engine optimized, you need to use only text and no images. The search engines are finding HTML more effective than images. Also, you need to prevent your website from slowing down the loading process because users hate slow loading pages. If you do use flash files, only place it in the header and footer areas of your website.
5. Website usability: The website usability includes the graphics, colors, background patterns and background music on your website. You need to pick background patterns that are appropriate for your site and not to appear as annoying as they might be. Also, pick a background pattern that is easily readable.